- Vampire’s Curse Island is out for members! It has a bonus quest! Here’s the summary:For centuries, a truce has existed between the people of a remote mountain village, and the vampire who lives in the castle high above. Now, that truce is shattered, and Count Bram has captured a young villager. Can you rescue her from his evil clutches — and avoid being struck by the vampire’s curse? Poptropica Members can play a bonus quest after completing Vampire’s Curse Island. The vampire is gone, but his curse lives on. Prepare to discover even more hidden secrets of Bram’s castle — if a dangerous vampire hunter doesn’t get there first!
And here’s the video:
This island is really awesome for members, because during the bonus quest, you turn into a vampire bat. YAY! 😀
- The thing about this island, though, is that it is not so good for Count Bram’s neighbors.
- PLUS- Members get their complimentary Members-only items that come with every island. Would you like fries with that? Or you could put it this way:
Members get an additional Vampire’s Curse Island gear pack, which includes Garlic Breath, Bat Gum, and Vampire Count and Countess Costumes. The Vampire Costumes are ONLY available during early access!
- This island has also already been completed by the ten skilled players. Read this Creators post:
For many Poptropica Members, the curse of the vampire has already been lifted. These 10 players did it just a little faster than everyone else.
Congratulations to everyone who has earned the Vampire’s Curse medallion so far! We can’t wait to see lots of more of you face off against Count Bram.
You can use the Binary Translator on the Cool Stuff page or just highlight this blank space below this message.
Fangs for the memories
- Okay, off the subject of vampires, Poptropica has changed its map! *GASP* I know. Shocker. I like this new map layout. It’s easier to find all the islands. Read this post:
For some time now, Poptropica has had a problem. A good problem, but a problem nonetheless. The problem: too many Islands! Vampire’s Curse Island will be our 25th Island, if you can believe it. And our map was starting to look really cluttered.
First, we thought we would just have to erase some Islands. Flush ’em right down the drain. But as our fingers were hovering over the “delete” button, somebody had an idea: why not make a new map? We all agreed that was a much better solution.
Now, when you log onto Poptropica for the first time, or return to your blimp from Main Street of any Island, you’ll see this new and improved map screen!
It has a few advantages over the old one. The Island icons no longer move, so it’s easier to read their names. The newest Islands are at the very beginning, so you’ll won’t have far to look for the latest and greatest adventure. And we’ve split up the map into different pages, which makes it easier for you to sort through them.
Oh, and most important of all: the birds chase your blimp.
We hope you enjoy the new map, and that it helps makes your visit to Poptropica even more fun than before.
Happy Leap Day! There won’t be another one for 4 years.
- That’s it folks!